Food Trucks - Vendor Info



Thank you for your interest in providing dining services for the University of Texas campus. Please read through this checklist and familiarize yourself with the process of becoming an approved food truck vendor. Please see the links at the bottom of this page for more information. If you have any questions, please contact University Unions at (512) 475-6600 or email 

Proof of insurance
Owner current and valid identification
Texas Sales and use tax permit

  EHS Permit (if already permitted)

Application fee

  • Submit the completed Application, appropriate documentation, and fee to University Unions:

The University of Texas at Austin
University Unions
P.O. Box 7338 Austin, TX 78713
Phone (512) 475-6600 Fax (512) 475-6599
Walk-in Location: Texas Union Building, 2308 Whitis Avenue, Room 4.124, Austin, TX

  • University Unions will submit your application for approval to the following departments:

Business Contracts Office

 Environmental Health Services (EHS)

(in conjunction with PTS, CCPM, UEFM, and UTPD)


You will be notified when this process is complete and you have been added to the Approved Food Truck Vendor list.

Upon approval, you will be placed in the weekly (to be determined) rotation of trucks to be assigned to the two (2) designated Speedway Mall Pedestrian Walkway locations. University Unions will give you advance notice of your rotation date(s). You will also be placed on the list of food trucks available for UT Departmental/Registered Student Organization special events.

UT Food Truck Policy
Food Truck Procedures and Guidelines
Application for UT Austin Mobile Food Vendor Permit
Approved Food Truck Vendor list
Environmental Health and Safety

Revised: 8/24/17