SAC Food Policy

University Union Catering serves as the prefered caterer at the Student Activity Center.

In the event that University Unions Catering is unable to accommodate the special menu needs of the group, they may contract the services of an off-campus catering company. In this case, the event organizer must obtain approval for external caterer through Environmental Health & Safety Department.  

A copy of the approved food permit must be submitted to the Events Manager.

In an event that prepackaged food or drinks are provided for an event a SAC Food Waiver is required. For example, an event providing coffee/soda and/or cookies would require the SAC food waiver but not the EHS form.

The Student Activity Center staff reserves the right to deny an event sponsor’s request for food service if all necessary forms are not completed and submitted into the Reservation's office in a timely manner.