Poets, poetry lovers, spoken word artists and those who are just plain curious, come to UT's first annual slam poetry competition -- Poetry on the Patio. The first 12 poets who sign up will face-off in front of a panel of guest judges for a chance to win an awesome grand prize and bragging rights. It's first come, first serve, so be sure to arrive early!
Not familiar with the rules of slam poetry? Here's a quick breakdown:
1) Poems can be on any subject and in any style.
2) No performance should last longer than 3 minutes.
3) Each poet must performer work that he or she has created.
4) In the event of a tie, we will hold a tie-breaker at the end of the headliner's performance. Poems used in the 1st round may not be repeated. We suggest you come prepared with two poems.
5) Any other questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Not interested in performing? Come support and enjoy your peers' original performances. We'll have free coffee and donuts for attendees. Don't miss out!
*Prize winnings over $50.00 fair market value are reported to the IRS. Student employee cash prizes will be processed through payroll. All prizes subject to applicable taxes.