2018 - 2019 Members of the Board
- Mr. Cambell Westmoreland, Fall 2018 Chair
- Mr. Colton Becker
- Mr. Matthew Meadows, Spring 2019 Chair
- Mr. Nakhim Seng
- Ms. Kimi Walters
- Ms. Lillian Wong
- Dr. Courtney Byrd
- Dr. John Doggett
- Mr. Mulu Ferede
- Dr. Celena Mondie-Milner
- Dr. Brian Roberts
2018 - 2019 Meeting Dates
All meetings are held in the Texas Union Board of Directors' Room (UNB 4.118), 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm, unless otherwise noted.
- Friday, September 28, 2018
- Friday, October 19, 2018, SAC Executive Conference Room, SAC 3.114
- Friday, November 30, 2018
- Friday, February 22, 2019, SAC Executive Conference Room, SAC 3.114
- Friday, April 5, 2019
- Friday, May 3, 2019
Composition of the Board
The University Unions Board of Directors is composed of:
- Three faculty members appointed by the UT President;
- Student Government president;
- Two students elected at large for one-year terms;
- Two students appointed by the SG president to serve two-year overlapping terms; and
- Campus Events + Entertainment president, who is elected at large for a one-year term.
Non-voting members are the designee of the Vice President for Student Affairs and the University Unions Executive Director.
Duties of the Board Members
- Recommend rules, regulations, and procedures regarding the operation and use of the Unions' facilities;
- Approve the E+E budget, appointments of E+E officers, all changes in the E+E by-laws and the addition or deletion of any E+E committee;
- Advise the President, through the Vice President, on the selection of the University Unions Executive Director;
- Be involved in the future development of the University Unions.
Actions of the Board are subject to the approval of the Vice President of Student Affairs.
2019 Spring Election for Leadership Positions
University Unions Board of Directors has three (3) elected positions - Campus E+E President and two (2) At-Large Representatives.
All qualified students are invited to file for our three (3) leadership positions. Information packets regarding the Board of Directors positions are now available for pickup in the Executive Director's office, UNB 4.124. Completed candidate filing applications are due FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2019 by 12:00 pm.
Candidates are invited to attend the next Board of Directors' meeting on Friday, February 22, 2019, 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm, at SAC 3.114. This will allow the candidates to observe how the Board functions and to meet with current members, comprised of students, faculty, and staff.