2017 - 2018 Members of the Board
- Ms. Helen Yang, Chair
- Mr. Colton Becker
- Ms. Gaby Gutierrez
- Ms. Alejandrina Guzman
- Mr. Cambell Westmoreland
- Ms. Arden Wheeler
- Dr. Courtney Byrd
- Dr. John Doggett
- Mr. Mulu Ferede
- Dr. Celena Mondie-Milner
- Dr. Brian Roberts
2017 - 2018 Meeting Dates
All meetings are held in the Texas Union Board of Directors' Room (UNB 4.118), 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm, unless otherwise noted.
- Friday, September 22, 2017
- Friday, October 27, 2017, SAC Executive Conference Room, SAC 3.114
- Friday, November 17, 2017
- Friday, January 26, 2018
- Friday, February 23, 2018
- Friday, March 30, 2018, SAC Executive Conference Room, SAC 3.114
- Friday, April 27, 2018
Composition of the Board
The University Unions Board of Directors is composed of:
- Three faculty members appointed by the UT President;
- Student Government president;
- Two students elected at large for one-year terms;
- Two students appointed by the SG president to serve two-year overlapping terms; and
- Campus Events + Entertainment president, who is elected at large for a one-year term.
Non-voting members are the designee of the Vice President for Student Affairs and the University Unions Executive Director.
Duties of the Board Members
- Recommend rules, regulations, and procedures regarding the operation and use of the Unions' facilities;
- Approve the E+E budget, appointments of E+E officers, all changes in the E+E by-laws and the addition or deletion of any E+E committee;
- Advise the President, through the Vice President, on the selection of the University Unions Executive Director;
- Be involved in the future development of the University Unions.
Actions of the Board are subject to the approval of the Vice President of Student Affairs.