2021 - 2022 Members of the Board
- Mr. Nicholas Senktas, Chair
- Mr. John Gerling
- Ms. Haley Justiz
- Mr. Colby Jones
- Ms. Kiara Kabbara
- Mr. Joshua Torres-Whitmer
- Mr. John Doggett
- Mr. Mulu Ferede
- Dr. Celena Mondie-Milner
- Dr. Brian Roberts
- Dr. Courtney Byrd
2022 Spring Election for Leadership Positions
University Unions Board of Directors has three (3) elected positions - Campus E+E President and two (2) At-Large Representatives.
All qualified students are invited to file for our three (3) leadership positions. The nomination forms will be available online at this link beginning at 9am on January 18, 2022. The filing deadline is 12pm on February 10, 2022.
Candidates are invited to attend an upcoming Board of Directors' meeting. This will allow the candidates to observe how the Board functions and to meet with current members, comprised of students, faculty, and staff.
Duties of the Board Members
- Recommend rules, regulations, and procedures regarding the operation and use of the Unions' facilities;
- Approve the E+E budget, appointments of E+E officers, all changes in the E+E by-laws and the addition or deletion of any E+E committee;
- Advise the President, through the Vice President, on the selection of the University Unions Executive Director;
- Be involved in the future development of the University Unions.
Actions of the Board are subject to the approval of the Vice President of Student Affairs.
Composition of the Board
The University Unions Board of Directors is composed of:
- Three faculty members appointed by the UT President;
- Student Government president;
- Two students elected at large for one-year terms;
- Two students appointed by the SG president to serve two-year overlapping terms; and
- Campus Events + Entertainment president, who is elected at large for a one-year term.
Non-voting members are the designee of the Vice President for Student Affairs and the University Unions Executive Director.