2020 - 2021 Members of the Board
- Mr. Nicholas Senktas
- Ms. Kat Byers
- Mr. John Gerling
- Ms. Anjitha Nair
- Ms. Ashna Kumar
- Ms. Anagha Kikkeri
- Mr. John Doggett
- Mr. Mulu Ferede
- Dr. Celena Mondie-Milner
- Dr. Brian Roberts
- Dr. Courtney Byrd
2020-2021 Meeting Dates
All meetings will be held virtually via Zoom, unless otherwise noted.
- Friday, September 25, 2020
- Friday, October 23, 2020
- Friday, November 20, 2020
- Friday, February 26, 2021
- Friday, March 26, 2021
- Friday, April 23, 2021
Composition of the Board
The University Unions Board of Directors is composed of:
- Three faculty members appointed by the UT President;
- Student Government president;
- Two students elected at large for one-year terms;
- Two students appointed by the SG president to serve two-year overlapping terms; and
- Campus Events + Entertainment president, who is elected at large for a one-year term.
Non-voting members are the designee of the Vice President for Student Affairs and the University Unions Executive Director.
Duties of the Board Members
- Recommend rules, regulations, and procedures regarding the operation and use of the Unions' facilities;
- Approve the E+E budget, appointments of E+E officers, all changes in the E+E by-laws and the addition or deletion of any E+E committee;
- Advise the President, through the Vice President, on the selection of the University Unions Executive Director;
- Be involved in the future development of the University Unions.
Actions of the Board are subject to the approval of the Vice President of Student Affairs.
2021 Spring Election for Leadership Positions
University Unions Board of Directors has three (3) elected positions - Campus E+E President and two (2) At-Large Representatives.
All qualified students are invited to file for our three (3) leadership positions. The nomination forms will be available online beginning at 12pm on January 19, 2021. All submission forms must be received by 12pm on February 11, 2021.
Candidates are invited to attend an upcoming Board of Directors' meeting. This will allow the candidates to observe how the Board functions and to meet with current members, comprised of students, faculty, and staff.