Price Lists for Texas Union & William C. Powers, Jr. Student Activity Center
The Texas Union
New Rates for FALL 2021 (for Departments & Staff Orgs.)
Texas Union Meeting Rooms
2.102 Eastwood Room ($48/hr)
2.404 Pearce Hall ($28/hr)
3.116 Governor's Room ($38/hr)
3.128 Sinclair Suite ($51/hr)
3.208 Lone Star Room ($36/hr)
3.304 Quadrangle ($99/hr)
3.312 Tea House Suite ($42/hr)
4.108 Meeting Room ($12/hr)
4.110 African American Culture Room ($25/hr)
4.118 Board of Directors Room ($38/hr)
4.206 Chicano Culture Room ($26/hr)
4.222 Conference Room ($7/hr)
4.224 Asian Culture Room ($34/hr)
Texas Union Specialty Rooms
2.228 Theatre ($91/hr)
3.202 SBP Ballroom and Presidential Lobby ($185/hr)
Loggia - can only be booked as auxiliary space with rental of Ballroom ($72/hr)
3.502 Santa Rita Suite ($85/hr)
*Room rates include standard AV and room-sets. Specialty items and floor plan pricing available upon request.
William C. Powers, Jr. Student Activity Center
Rates for 2021-2022 (for Departments & Staff Orgs.)
WCP 1.106 Meeting Room ($29.52/hr)
WCP 1.118 Meeting Room ($30.08/hr)
WCP 2.120 Meeting Room ($38.20/hr)
WCP 2.310 Dance Rehearsal Space ($32.72/hr)
WCP 3.106 Meeting Room ($14.76/hr)
WCP 3.112 Meeting Room ($22.80/hr)
WCP 3.114 Executive Conference Room ($37.84/hr)
WCP 3.116 Meeting Room ($23.64/hr)
WCP 1.402 Auditorium ($84.28/hr)
WCP 2.304 Black Box Theater ($67.88/hr)
WCP 2.302 Legislative Assembly Room ($94.40/hr)
WCP 2.410 Ballroom ($104.12/hr)
Supplementary Charges (Before & After Hours Rates)
The University Union's funding allows the operation at staffing levels that vary depending on the day of the week. Certain requests for events may necessitate additional staffing resources and require associated labor charges. Occasions may include events that:
- Occur early morning hours
- Occur Monday mornings
- Require quick reset of large capacity rooms
- Occur outside of regular business hours
Room requests that require an early opening or extended hours require special approval. Additional charges will be assessed based on cost of building operation and staffing. Clients have the opportunity to discuss charges with University Union’s staff prior to event confirmation.
Requests for event support outside of normal business hours may vary in cost from $150-$300 per hour during regular weekday schedules. Weekend and intercession requests for event support outside of normal business hours are billed at $300 per hour.
Policies for William C. Powers, Jr. Student Activity Center & Texas Union
View and download general policies and guidelines pertaining to usage of the William C. Powers, Jr. Student Activity Center. Updated 09/17/2019
Texas Union Event Policies
Please note the use of the Texas Union is also governed by a number of other University policies, procedures and practices that may effect your reservation. Please consult with Texas Union Hospitality Services should you have questions.
- To ensure that your event is successful, requests for events in the Shirley Bird Perry Ballroom, Texas Union Theater, Santa Rita Suite and the Quadrangle Room require a pre-event meeting with a Hospitality Event Manager.
- The Texas Union is a popular location for all-day events, including meetings and conferences. To maximize usage of the space, weekly meetings in the Sinclair Suite, Governors' Room, Eastwoods Room, and the T-House Suite may not begin until 6 PM.
- After 6 PM, the T-House Suite is strictly reserved for use as a dance rehearsal, yoga space, meditation space and other non-traditional meetings. No other room in the Texas Union may be reserved for these purposes.
- Late cancellations, late reservation requests, and "no-shows" in certain University Unions rooms will result in substantial fines. Smaller rooms will incur lesser fines. For more information please visit Cancellations, No Shows, & Rain Sites
- All catering in the Texas Union is provided by 40 Acres Catering; Student Organizations may serve pre-approved non-perishable food items (chips, crackers, candy, baked goods) and pizza by submitting a Texas Union Food Waiver. Department events are not allowed to use this Waiver. Student Organization events exceeding 100 attendees will incur a cleaning fee. Departments must order pizza through Texas Union Hospitality.
- The Santa Rita Suite and the T-House Suite have mandatory catering minimums: Santa Rita Suite - $250 (RSOs), $500 (departments) & T-House Suite - $150 (RSOs), $300 (departments)
- Staff will determine appropriate sound levels. Amplified music (including musical instruments/equipment) is not allowed in Eastwoods Room, Texas Governors' Room, and Sinclair Suite.
- Texas Union staff must approve placement of promotional materials outside of meeting rooms.
- Texas Union staff reserves the right to assess post-event cleaning fees for excessive debris left in a room as a result of an event.
- Please refrain from the following in the Texas Union:
- Taping flyers, notices or decorations to restricted surfaces or without prior authorization of Texas Union staff
- Use of aerosols, glitter, confetti and other items that will cause additional cleaning
- Switching reservations with another group
- Painting or constructing anything inside the building
- Moving any furnishings inside the Eastwoods Room, Texas Governor’s Room, Sinclair Suite, Lone Star Room, African-American Culture Room or Boardroom