The University Unions provides the opportunity for university departments and registered student organizations to advertise events and activities on campus.
There are 12 screens located throughout the Texas Union Building (UNB), Student Activity Center (SAC), Prufrock’s Coffee Shop in the PCL, and the Wendy’s in Jester Center. If you are a Registered Student Organization (RSO), as defined by the Dean of Students Student Activities Office, or a department of the University, providing events, activities or services for students you can apply to have a slide for your event or activities show on the University Unions DigiKnow system (digital screens).
What You Need To Do:
- Read the DigiKnow Policies (below)
- Create Your Ad (Design Suggestion Tips)
- Submit DigiKnow - Submit your slide and request using the links below (EID login required & will open in new window or tab)
- Please submit requests 1 1/2 weeks before you would like your slide to run using the link below.
Create Your Ad:
The slide submitted for approval must be in the following format:
- 1920 x 1080 pixels widescreen - horizontal
- jpeg file
- Your slide request will be declined if it is not in this format
- DigiKnow space is restricted to registered student organizations and university departments.
- Events featured on DigiKnows must be open to current UT students and located on UT the campus.
- Approved advertisements will run for 7 days (Tuesday-Monday).
- This Service is provided free of charge and without guarantee.
- University Unions is not responsible for technical difficulties in the event the system goes off-line.
- The deadline for slide submissions is by 5pm on the Wednesday before your preferred run week.
- Keep it simple and concise
- Words are far more important in your advertisement than eye catching graphics
- Choose a clear message for your advertising
- Think in terms of: Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How
- Have a call to action in the form of a command. What do you want viewers of your message to do?
- Examples: “Apply to be a Resident Assistant” or “Buy your tickets now”